§ 1664.



Requirements. After a Final or Parcel Map’s recorded in the office of the Recorder, it may be amended administratively, without public hearing, by a Certificate of Correction as to Subparagraphs (1) to (6) below, and by an amending map and public hearing as to Subparagraph (7) below:


To correct an error in any course or distance shown thereon;


To show any course or distance that was omitted therefrom;


To correct an error in the description of the real property shown on the map;


To indicate monuments set after the death, disability or retirement from practice of the engineer or surveyor charged with responsibility for setting monuments;


To show the proper location or character of any monument which has been changed in location or character, or originally was shown at the wrong location or incorrectly as to its character;


To correct any other type of map error or omission as approved by the Director, which does not affect any property right. Errors and omissions may include, but not be limited to, lots and numbers, acreage, street names and identification of adjacent record maps. Error does not include changes in courses or distances from which an error is not ascertainable from the data shown on the Final or Parcel Map;


To make modifications when there are changes which make any or all of the conditions of the Map no longer appropriate or necessary and when the modifications do not impose any additional burden on the present fee owner of the property, and if the modifications do not alter any right, title or interest in the real property reflected on the recorded map, and the Director finds that the map as modified conforms to the provisions of Section 66474 of the SMA. Such modification shall require an amending map and shall be set for public hearing by the Director according to the procedures established for a hearing on the Tentative Map. The Director shall confine the hearing to consideration of, and action on, the proposed modification.


Form and Contents. The amending map or certificate of correction shall be prepared and stamped by a registered civil engineer or licensed land surveyor. The form and contents of the amending map shall conform to the requirements for a Final Map, or a Parcel Map as provided in this Code and the SMA. The certificate of corrections shall set forth in detail the corrections made and show the names of the present fee owners of the property affected by the correction.


Submittal and Approval by Director. The amending map or certificate of correction, complete as to final form, shall be submitted to the Director for review and approval. The Director shall examine the amending map or certificate of correction, and if the only changes made are those in Subsection (A), this fact shall be certified on the amending map or certificate of correction.


Filing with Recorder. The amending map or certificate of correction certified by the Director shall be filed in the office of the Recorder in which the original map was filed. Upon such filing, the Recorder shall index the names of the fee owners and the appropriate subdivision designation shown on the amending map or certificate of correction in the general index and map index respectively. The original map shall be deemed to have been conclusively so corrected, and shall impart constructive notice of all the corrections in the same manner as though upon the original map.


Fee. The fee for checking, processing and recording the amended map or certificate of correction shall be as provided in Section 1615.


(Added by Ord. 304-04, File No. 041544, App. 12/24/2004; Ord. 7-05, File No. 041665, App. 1/8/2005)


  • Plain Text
  • JSON